Golden Circle Newsletter - February 2023
Message from the President
Hello Senior Friends,
While March is a late Winter cold month, and we will be in early Spring on March 20. "Daylight saving time" is on Second Sunday, March 12 when clocks are turned forward 1 hour.
- New Eyes for the Needy offers a prescription renewal vision test through their application process. A New Eyes e-voucher provides a basic pair of single or lined bifocal eyeglasses through their online dispenser or a participating optical store for low-income individuals below 250% of US Poverty Guidelines. So, for household size 1, it is $33,975. In case of need, please contact Kam.
- Membership Meeting - The monthly meeting will be on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at 10a.m. For input / questions, contact Kam (973) 748-5310.
- Health Luncheon - Tara Fries, Behavioral Health Clinician from Mountainside will speak on Mental Health for seniors on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 11:30a.m. Nurses will be there at 11:00a.m. for Health Check.
- Jitney Trip - This month, the Jitney trip will be on Wednesday, March 15, 2023, at 11:30a.m. We plan to go to The Shannon Rose in Clifton, NJ. RSVP to Jim at 973-748-2924 to sign up.
- ShopRite Food Shopping on the Jitney - Please see calendar.
- Senior Art Classes Please see calendar.
- Chair Yoga - Lynn Schoorl, a professional credentialed teacher, has been conducting Chair Yoga classes via zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10a.m. for 45 minutes. Please see calendar.
Glen Ridge Seniors Golden Circle Membership Application
To join or renew you must be a Glen Ridge resident.
$10.00 dues are due with application.
The calendar year is SEPTEMBER - JUNE.
Renewal:_____ New Membership:_____ Date ___________
Birthday Month & Day (optional) _______
E-mail Address ___________________________
Bring completed application to a meeting or mail to:
Claudette Scutari, 59 Willow St, Glen Ridge, NJ 07028