For over 120 years, residents of Glen Ridge have passed through the train station at 228 Ridgewood Avenue. The original wood building, built "up the road" in 1872, housed the ticket office and a barbershop. Beginning in 1883, the station also served as the town's Post Office. The present Queen Anne-style building was constructed in 1887 thanks to the vision and effort of local developer A.G. Darwin. The building is listed on both the National and State Registers of Historic Places. In 2001, the building was renovated and reopened as the Glen Ridge Senior/Community Center and is a great source of pride in our town.
While serving Borough commuters, civic groups, and hosting recreation department programs, the facility is also available for event rental.
New renovations to the Glen Ridge Senior/Community Center have recently been completed! Interior/exterior restoration and painting, new flooring, new furniture, and restroom upgrades are among the items that have been addressed in this project. Come check it out!